From time to time our team needs to create fairly complicated CRUD interfaces from scratch. While this isn't rocket science, there surprisingly aren't that many good resource out there on how to do this. That's why our team dove in and published a couple of packages that can help create modern CRUD interface.
In this highly practical talk I gave at Laracon US 2019 you'll learn how we nowadays go about creating a CRUD interface, and structure our projects, at Spatie. We'll take a look at how we can convert url parameters to a Eloquent query. You'll learn what view models are. We'll create some server side components with BladeX and much more.
It's guaranteed that you'll take away one or few new tricks you can apply in your projects today.
Here are some related links to check out:
- Simplifying controllers
- Refactoring to actions
- Organise by domain
- spatie/laravel-view-models on GitHub
- Laravel view models vs view composers
- Blade X documentation
- Use custom html components in your blade views
- Introducing Blade X view models
- spatie/laravel-query-builder on GitHub
- Building APIs with Laravel Query Builder