Three years ago I started this blog to share my bookmarks and interesting links with fellow developers. Like on the previous anniversaries I'd like to share some cool statistics from the past 12 months.
For the period spanning from end november 2016 until end november 2017 my little blog served 591 113 pages. That's a pretty nice increase compared to the 397 030 pages from 2015-2016.
These were the most popular posts from 2017:
- Building a realtime dashboard powered by Laravel and Vue (2017 edition)
- An easy to use server monitor written in PHP
- Packages that make developing Laravel apps easier
- Using Varnish on a Laravel Forge provisioned server
- Introducing Browsershot v3: the best way to convert html to PDFs and images
- A beautiful webapp to fetch dns records
- Easily optimize images using PHP (and some binaries)
- Setting up Xdebug with Laravel Valet
- An easy way to validate front end forms using back end logic
- A package to easily manipulate images in PHP
Regular readers have also noticed that recently I swapped out WordPress in favor of a custom built Laravel application. Read this post if you want to know more about that.
In 2016 I started sending out a bi-weekly newsletter containing all articles posted on this blog. I'm very happy to share that the list now has 3 787 subscribers. Mid 2017 I added text based ads to the newsletter. Though I was afraid of unhappy subscribers I literally received zero complaints. Interested in placing an ad? Here's some more info.
Dear reader, I hope you still enjoy reading the content on this blog as much as I like writing it. If you have suggestions on making this blog better, be sure to let me know.